[opensuse-factory] M6 locks up Intel on install attempt not addressed on linuxrc page
  • From: Felix Miata <mrmazda@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2010 16:41:16 -0400
Is there anything I can try on cmdline other than textmode=1 to prevent
lockup on i845G when installation tries to switch to GUI? How do I tell
installer on cmdline to use something other than intel driver? I see nothing
about this on http://en.opensuse.org/Linuxrc

So far failure using alternatively:
vga=0x305
vga=normal
modeset=0
sax2=1
failsafe
ddc=0 noddc

I use Grub to load the installation kernel and initrd from local disk instead
of burning isos, and don't see any way to access the files in loader/ to see
what the options are supposed to be.

Thanks to javier on IRC for reminding me about i915.modeset=0, which works. :-)

I added a Modeset section to http://en.opensuse.org/Linuxrc with the best
information I knew. Maybe there's more it should say, and others can update it.
--
"Suppos [sic] a nation in some distant region, should
take the Bible for their only law book, and every member

Team OS/2 ** Reg. Linux User #211409

Felix Miata *** http://fm.no-ip.com/