Re: [opensuse-factory] Status M6
  • From: Stefan Seyfried <stefan.seyfried@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2010 11:47:10 +0200
On Thu, 29 Apr 2010 21:56:38 +0200
"Carlos E. R." <carlos.e.r@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I have an Intel graphic chipset in the laptop I use for testing, a GM45. It
has been reported that
support for Intel graphic chipsets is totally broken. Before knowing this I
found that s2ram crashes

"totally broken" is maybe a bit too hard.

Well. It is as bad as 11.2, but not much worse, at least not with
i915.powersave=0 boot parameter, and with 3d effects disabled.

Ok, it logs me out from time to time, but I learned coping with that by
"save early, save often". And somethimes (now ;) the X server is surviving
more than one day! ;)

susi:~ # ps -C Xorg -o comm,etime
COMMAND ELAPSED
Xorg 1-00:28:50

The problem is, that nobody will fix it for 11.2, but we still have
a chance of getting it fixed for 11.3, if there are good bug reports.

the machine, and s2disk refuses to run. I have read the reports I could find,
and it appears that
there is no hope at all of solving the Intel graphic chipset problems any
time soon... thus count me
out.

This is very unfortunate :-((

s2ram works fine for me on a ThinkPad X200s and s2disk worked, too, the
two times I tried it during the last weeks (always with latest FACTORY).

I would be interested in hearing about your s2ram / s2disk problems, so if
you could point me to the bug reports (sorry if you did already, then I
overlooked it probably), so that I could try helping to fix them.

Come on! Try it! ;-)

Have fun anyway,

seife
--