Re: [opensuse-factory] Status M6
  • From: Felix Miata <mrmazda@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2010 18:12:38 -0400
On 2010/04/29 23:51 (GMT+0200) Guido Berhoerster composed:

Greg Freemyer composed:

So, AIUI the new Intel KMS driver is very badly behaving, but you can
disable it and use the old framebuffer driver.

Have you tested this? I thought the 2.10 Intel Xorg driver
does not work without KMS.

I think not working without KMS is only for the newest chips. I'd expect i8xx
& i9xx chips to be in the old and KMS not required category.
--
"Suppos [sic] a nation in some distant region, should
take the Bible for their only law book, and every member

Team OS/2 ** Reg. Linux User #211409

Felix Miata *** http://fm.no-ip.com/