[opensuse-factory] Lenovo T410s (11.2 black screen in runlevel 3, 5)
  • From: "Martin A. Brown" <martin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2010 13:50:11 -0400

Hello there,

I hope I'm in the right place. I am interested in running the 11.3 Mileston 6 release later in the week, when it becomes available.

I have a Lenovo T410s. I have the output of 'hwinfo', which I will happily share. I'm not sending it here, since somebody may want it in a particular place or may not want it at all.

I tried installing 11.2, which installs beautifully, but fails on boot, whether I boot to runlevel 3 or 5.

The 11.3 Milestone 5 installation failed utterly.

I'm looking for advice:

- I'm prepared to wait until later in the week, banking on
Milestone 6.
- Would the 'hwinfo' output be of use to anybody in particular?
- Is this a well known issue?

- -Martin

- -- Martin A. Brown --- Wonderfrog Heavy Industries --- martin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

"I'm trying to ovoid him, but he keeps circling!"