Re: [opensuse-factory] new package 'picard'
  • From: Sascha Peilicke <sasch.pe@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2010 19:42:01 +0200
Am 26.04.2010 12:12, schrieb Tejas Guruswamy:
On 26/04/10 10:32, Michael Andres wrote:
On Friday 23 April 2010 18:09:34 Sascha Peilicke wrote:

I'd like to submit the package 'picard' which contains MusicBrainz Picard,
a music file tag editor. This package uses only free components (unlike
other 'picard' packages) and adds some useful plugins. My question is which
devel project is suited best for it. It's a python-qt4 based GPLv2 app that
seems not to be packaged yet in the official repos. It can be found in the
project 'home:saschpe' [1].

That would be great ;)

IMO it would fit into multimedia:apps.

The reason that it was not in the official repos is that picard without
ffmpeg is crippled (no audio fingerprinting, removes the main feature of
the program).
I disagree, even though it won't have all the features without ffmpeg, it's still a very useful mass tagger. BTW. Fedora ships a similar version.

It is a better fit in packman.

There was an effort by MasterPatricko and me to get it in there, no success yet though.
--
Sascha Peilicke
http://saschpe.wordpress.com