Re: [opensuse-factory] kid3
  • From: Karsten König <remur@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2010 12:15:52 +0200
Am Mittwoch, 21. April 2010 22:07:22 schrieb Dave Plater:
On 04/21/2010 08:55 PM, Karsten König wrote:
Am Mittwoch, 21. April 2010 20:41:21 schrieb Dave Plater:
On 04/21/2010 03:54 PM, Werner LEMBERG wrote:
Is there any reason why `kid3' (an ID3 tagging editor for audio files)
is only available as kde3-kid3? Any chance that this gets updated?

Werner

kid3 is available in the KDE:KDE4:Community repository :-
http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/KDE:/KDE4:/Community/openSUSE_
Fac tory Regards
Dave P

As dave pointed out the is a kde4 version which no one submitted to
Factory yet, for that it also needs a maintainer.

There will be some reworking in the kde teams project structure so
Community will undergo changes, we hope there will be a more clear path
into :Factory in the future

Karsten

I would be happy to maintain it, user plater
Regards
Dave P

hmm we have no real 'process' for this right now, easiest would be to jump
into #opensuse-kde or write to the -kde list that you want to maintain it, in
irc you should ping llunak, tittiacoke or wstephenson about it, that's
propably the quickest method.

Cheers,
Karsten