Re: [opensuse-factory] gnome keyring working for anyone?
  • From: Vincent Untz <vuntz@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2010 20:45:23 +0200
Le lundi 19 avril 2010, à 17:37 +0200, Stefan Seyfried a écrit :
Hi factory testers,
(I know that opensuse-gnome would be the more appropriate list, but I want
to first check if it works for anyone at all).

Definitely works for me, although it took some time to get in a good
shape in factory (or, actually, upstream). Is gnome-keyring-daemon
running in your session? Is the GNOME_KEYRING_CONTROL environment
variable set?

Also, which versions of gnome-keyring and libgnome-keyring do you have?

I cannot get gnome keyring to work at all, means: neither nm-applet nor
pidgin store the passwords in the keyring, pidgin stores them unobscured
in .purple.

FWIW, pidgin doesn't store passwords in the keyring anymore: we killed
that patch to go closer to upstream, and because it was causing various
issues.

Vincent

--
Les gens heureux ne sont pas pressés.