Re: [opensuse-factory] Live install (LVM) broken in Factory?
  • From: Arvin Schnell <aschnell@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2010 16:04:54 +0200
On Mon, Apr 19, 2010 at 10:39:10PM +0100, John Beranek wrote:
I downloaded the M5 Gnome Live CD in order to give it a go, and then
attempted to do a live install.

I chose an LVM partition setup, and at the point the installer attempted
to mount the root partition it failed, saying it had failed to mount
"/dev/system/root on /" (apologies I'm getting this from memory rather
than a log file).

I'm now trying an install from the Live CD using a partition-based
setup, and it appears to be working.

So, can anyone confirm my problem? (I can't find anything in Bugzilla)

Yes, please make a bug report. So far I can only tell that the
device nodes, e.g. /dev/dm-0, suddenly disappear.

Regards,
Arvin

--
Arvin Schnell, <aschnell@xxxxxxx>