Re: [opensuse-factory] Live install (LVM) broken in Factory?
  • From: John Beranek <john@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2010 23:27:46 +0100
On 19/04/2010 22:39, John Beranek wrote:
I downloaded the M5 Gnome Live CD in order to give it a go, and then
attempted to do a live install.

I chose an LVM partition setup, and at the point the installer attempted
to mount the root partition it failed, saying it had failed to mount
"/dev/system/root on /" (apologies I'm getting this from memory rather
than a log file).

I'm now trying an install from the Live CD using a partition-based
setup, and it appears to be working.

Well, working until the installer went to install the bootloader...at
this point it hung. I waited quite a while but nothing further happened
- I reset the VM and the resulting system was not bootable. :/

John.

--
John Beranek To generalise is to be an idiot.
http://redux.org.uk/ -- William Blake