Re: [opensuse-factory] booting with nosmp
  • From: Jeff Mahoney <jeffm@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2010 13:39:23 -0400

On 04/16/2010 01:36 PM, dale ritchey wrote:
In MS5 suspend didn't work until I booted with nosmp. Odd thing it
seemed to have stopped the NetworkManager from going off line also.

What is smp? I arrived at nosmp by a process of elimination trying
different combinations of failsafe boot

SMP is symmetric multiprocessing. If you have a multicore/multithread
system, it's required for using more than a single core.

- -Jeff

- --
Jeff Mahoney
SUSE Labs