[opensuse-factory] m5 on Geode Panel PC
  • From: "Richard (MQ)" <osl2008@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2010 11:07:59 +0100
Has anyone managed to install m5 (or anything else recent) on a Panel PC?

I'm trying to work with an Afolux AFL-08A which uses a 500MHz AMD Geode
LX-800 processor (with 512M RAM though) and an AMD CS5536 support chip
(I think this includes the graphics too). We have an 8G CF card as hard
disk.

Installation is from USB DVD, selecting only 'UK' keyboard everything
looks OK until the re-boot when it freezes with the splash screen barely
up. Re-booting with splash disabled, it seems to be as the vt6655 driver
is loaded, but in this state the machine re-boots itself before the
message can be read. Attaching the serial console on another machine &
invoking with console=ttyS0,115200 gets as far as 'loading drivers,
configuring devices' and locks up.

Similar behaviour with m4 fwiw.

Any ideas how to debug this further?

Cheers