Re: [opensuse-factory] Re: [opensuse-gnome] GTK interface of software installer in YaST [yast2-gtk] in Factory
  • From: Stefan Seyfried <stefan.seyfried@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2010 12:02:12 +0200
On Wed, 14 Apr 2010 23:30:07 +0200
"Jakub Rusinek" <jakub.rusinek@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

No matter. But why the hell do you think that survey wouldn't bring
positive changes to the unified interface?

"Let's hold a survey" is almost like "let's create a comittee". You'll
get the lowest common denominator. Often that's something nobody will
want to use.

I've seen that in too many areas of life. Just call me paranoid ;)

There's also one thing I'm wondering about. Why can't you really tell us
what is so special in YaST-Qt what makes you like it so much (; ?

Actually, as I have explained hopefully in my other mail, it was the
total unusability of the GTK interface some time ago that made the QT
interface so superior. I now looked at the new GTK think and it
definitely is much better. I'll need to actually use it for some time,
then I can see what I am missing. (Which does not automatically mean it
is a good idea to implement the "missing for me" stuff in a GUI package
management. It might be just some use case where the answer "if you
want to do *that*, zypper is a better tool for you" is totally
sufficient).

Have fun,

seife
--