Re: [opensuse-factory] So noone can help?
  • From: Karsten König <remur@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2010 23:38:41 +0200
Am Mittwoch, 14. April 2010 23:13:10 schrieb Christian:
Hi,
OK, this is my last message to this list and noone seems to be willing to
help. This is so simple for you opensuse user's. If logged out from Gnome,
how many times should one press the tab key in order to get to the login
button or is there some keyboard command for enabling this button? And
finally, where can I post suggestions so that they will be implemented in
some future release of the OS? This is important, at least to me when it
comes to accessibility.
Many thanks,
Christian

I am downloading the gnome image right now, it's 11 pm here and every student
seems to be awake in the dorm downloading something, so I can only try again
tomorrow, it will take hours to download now =(
I am normally no GNOME user but KDE so I can't just test it.

Still you found the blinux list already, it seems dead though, I cc'ed bryen,
afaik he is also visually impaired and works on gnome a11y from time to time.

Suggestions can be posted to https://features.opensuse.org/ with a novell
account, I don't know how accessible the opensuse pages are, if you need help
just write to the list or me and I'll forward your suggestions.

I remember SuSE beeing very proud about a11y for visually impaired users, but
I can't judge about the current state =(

You asked if brttly includes USB support in the current release, sadly it's
not even included in 11.2 but only in vuntz (Vincent Untz) personal home
project, so if you add his repository you can download and install it.

Also I suggest mailing to opensuse-gnome as well, maybe some of them are not
subscribed to this list.

Karsten