Re: [opensuse-factory] Re: [opensuse-gnome] GTK interface of software installer in YaST [yast2-gtk] in Factory
  • From: "Jakub Rusinek" <jakub.rusinek@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2010 23:30:07 +0200
Dnia 14-04-2010 o 23:25:11 Stefan Seyfried <stefan.seyfried@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> napisał(a):

On Wed, 14 Apr 2010 23:21:51 +0200
"Jakub Rusinek" <jakub.rusinek@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hm, now I'm thinking, the survey would be a great idea. Survey writers
would have to denote differences between GTK and Qt versions of YaST, dis-
and advantages of both, compare and mix everything to create one big
survey. And then we'd have a consensus, probably.

And an app that is useless to both the current yast2 QT advocates and to
the (misguided, of course!!1!11! ;-) yast2 GTK lovers.

So why not have two different software management apps for different
tastes?

Do you think I'm the only one who might dislike YaST-Qt's sw_single interface? Maybe I'm the only one who said it aloud?

No matter. But why the hell do you think that survey wouldn't bring positive changes to the unified interface?

Sb said today already, they should be merged. And in long term of time, it's what I've expected long time ago.

There's also one thing I'm wondering about. Why can't you really tell us what is so special in YaST-Qt what makes you like it so much (; ?

--
Best regards,
Jakub 'Livio' Rusinek