Re: [opensuse-factory] Re: [opensuse-packaging] Need help fixing gstreamer-0_10-plugins-bad, what is cog?
  • From: Dave Plater <dplater@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 09 Apr 2010 13:37:10 +0200
On 04/09/2010 01:13 PM, Dominique Leuenberger wrote:
On 4/9/2010 at 10:28, Dave Plater <davejplater@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I'm changing orc-doc to orc-devel to hopefully fix the gstreamer bad
build, thanks to Toni for pointing me in the right direction.
Dave P

This does not sound like the right direction: orc main package provides
orc-devel. As it's a compiler there is literally no use of it without the
devel package. And having a dep from the main package to -devel is a no-no...
This is the same solution as with gcc btw: the main package provides the
-devel (this was discussed before submitting to Factory, and the hint came
from Darix).

Dominique

All is well and the orc package is untouched and seems to work fine with
the main package providing the -devel, my problem was libpng12/14
related hence the successful 11.2 build.
Regards
Dave P