[opensuse-factory] X resource handling broken
  • From: Werner LEMBERG <wl@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 08 Apr 2010 08:11:24 +0200 (CEST)

After upgrading almost all packages related to graphics so that I get
a working configuration for my i945 card (and I really need the
bleeding edge, or it crashes in various ways), I suddenly can't start
Emacs or any other program which relies on X resources. I get errors
like

Undefined color: "WINDOW_FOREGROUND"

and indeed, saying

appres

I see

*XmTextField.background: WINDOW_BACKGROUND
*XmTextField.foreground: WINDOW_FOREGROUND
*Dialog.background: BACKGROUND
*Dialog.foreground: FOREGROUND

which means that strings like WINDOW_BACKGROUND aren't expanded to
proper colours.

I use KDE.

Is this a known problem? Which package or initialization script is
responsible for this expansion?

Werner