Re: [opensuse-factory] Re: KDE4 complaint
  • From: Donn Washburn <n5xwb@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 07 Apr 2010 09:33:19 -0500

On 04/07/2010 07:53 AM, C wrote:
On Wed, Apr 7, 2010 at 14:39, upscope<upscope@xxxxxxx> wrote:
Is there a way to turn OFF the irritating automatic full screen
function? I have noticed when you move an image it like to go
full
screen way to easy. Also I have noticed if once it is moved then
back the mouse towards the bottom of the image keeps it from
jumping into
full screen mode. I would like to turn that function OFF.

If by 'full screen' you mean 'maximised windows' and 'image' you
mean 'window' then I understand that you dislike the 'drag to top
edge to maximise' feature
of KDE 4.4. If I'm right you can disable that in System Settings,
Look& Feel, Desktop, Screen Edges.

So far this seems to have gotten rid of the irritation for me. Can
this be disabled on install? i never turned it on.

This is the default now for KDE4.4... as well as Windows7 and as far
as I know, OSX as well. This is not a KDE or SUSE only feature.

C.
Well one person on the list suggested a way and it seems to have worked.
Under Configure Desktop > Desktop > Screen Edge > and look for Maximize.
Gone! Life is great again
--
73 de Donn Washburn
307 Savoy Street Email:" n5xwb@xxxxxxxxxxx "