[opensuse-factory] Coordinated upgrade to jack2 for FACTORY / 11.3
  • From: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 05 Apr 2010 19:09:54 +0200
Hi,

I got a contact from Debian Multimedia team about the possibility of
coordinated upgrade of JACK package from version 1 to version 2 on
SUSE. That is, major distros, Debian, Ubuntu, and others will upgrade
the package for jack simultaneously in order to avoid confusion among
distros.

From the technical viewpoint, there shouldn't be big obstacles for
us -- JACK2 is ABI compatible with JACK1, and it's being used already
on Packman repo, IIRC. I think Dave already has managed jack2 stuff
in his repo for some time, too. Thus the movement should be
relatively simple.

But, my question here is whether this is allowed now for FACTORY /
11.3 at this moment. I know this kind of thing should have been
handled through FATE. But if we do this, it should be done quickly in
a timely manner. So, I'm asking just here for a quick decision.

Comments appreciated.

thanks,

Takashi