Re: [opensuse-factory] Status: distribution
  • From: Stefan Seyfried <stefan.seyfried@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Jan 2010 18:52:42 +0100
2010/1/26 Stephan Kulow <coolo@xxxxxxxxxx>:
The status of ppc is the same as the last months: I do not have time for it
and I invite people who care to look it up on build.opensuse.org and fix
the packages. So far I only see Marcus working on it.

I wanted to take a look at them (first the failing ones, which, if fixed,
will probably fix some of the expansion errors). However, stuff
like this:

gcc libdmraid-events.c -L../lib -ldmraid -lm -g -fPIC -Wall -shared
-Wl,-soname,libdmraid-events.so.0 -o libdmraid-events.so.0
/tmp/ccAt8rbT.s: Assembler messages:
/tmp/ccAt8rbT.s:16: Error: unknown pseudo-op: `.cfi_sections'
make: *** [libdmraid-events] Error 1

is above my ppc competence ;) This seems to be a common failure,
so maybe if someone with ppc or toolchain knowledge fixes this
".cfi_sections" errors, the situation would improve dramatically.

Good luck :-)

seife