[opensuse-factory] [ANNOUNCE] Will update PackageKit to 0.6.1 in Factory next week
  • From: Vincent Untz <vuntz@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 25 Jan 2010 12:13:19 +0100
Hi,

Looking at the git log from PackageKit, it looks like Scott managed to
fix the build of the zypp backend -- which was the reason we were stuck
with an old PackageKit (0.5.1).

So we'll put the next release of PackageKit in Factory (0.6.1, due next
week, I think). Note that this changes the API (at least deprecated API
were removed) and therefore will possibly break tools using PackageKit
that were not prepared for this. You can take a look at the NEWS file
for more details:
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/packagekit/tree/NEWS

As far as I know, there are two major consumers of PackageKit:
gnome-packagekit (which should be fine) and the KDE update applet (no
idea what the status is here).

Is it an option to not update PackageKit? Not really: the version we
have is old, not really maintained, and my guess is that we'll soon have
tools that will require the new stuff there.

Thanks,

Vincent

--
Les gens heureux ne sont pas press├ęs.