Re: [opensuse-factory] RFC: Announcing important changes in the distribution
  • From: Lubos Lunak <l.lunak@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Dec 2009 18:02:30 +0100
On Thursday 10 of December 2009, Vincent Untz wrote:
Le jeudi 10 décembre 2009, à 11:05 +0100, Andreas Jaeger a écrit :
I see some consensus for this, so what tag should be used in the subject
to mark it? Let's reword the proposal to work with missing details...

I suggest RFC for the tag. That's what some people already use, and it
makes sense.

I disagree with either RFC or plain ANNOUNCEMENT. Such changes are neither
requests for comments nor just any announcement. If this is to work, then it
is necessary to include as many people doing development as possible and the
overhead of this should small. Imagine somebody taking care of a couple of
their packages but not really caring that much about openSUSE as a whole, for
whatever reason (even if that reason would be just too much work or limited
time, I think many of us here know mail folders with hundreds of unread
mails).

--
Lubos Lunak
KDE developer