Re: [opensuse-factory] Kernel Mode Setting (KMS) for openSUSE.
  • From: Rafał Miłecki <zajec5polish@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Dec 2009 20:27:55 +0100
2009/12/10 Stefan Seyfried <stefan.seyfried@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
Then I can start X ("X :0 -retro") and get a nice X server. However,
switching back to the text console seems to blank the screen shortly,
and I still get the occasional "synchronization loss" on the built-in
panel (Matthias knows what I'm talking about). Switching VT to X and
back still solves this (phew! we anticipated that with kms, once the
pll is screwed there would be no way to recover short of a reboot).

So I guess that KMS is not working well in this setup, since some PLL
is still reprogrammed (and sometimes this fails).

Alex is working on PLL now and commited some patches already. Probably
would be worth trying git and if that still happens, then report bug.

--
Rafał