[opensuse-factory] DirectFB compat package
  • From: Stefan Seyfried <stefan.seyfried@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Dec 2009 13:45:43 +0100
Hi,

For those running FACTORY on a machine having installed a particular
M(edia)Player from packman, there is a problem since the 10.2 version
there needs DirectFB < 1.2.9, but FACTORY now has 1.2.9

So to fix that, you can install DirectFB-compat-120 (i named it after
the library version) from
http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home://seife://testing/openSUSE_Factory/

Note that I had to

rpm -e --nodeps DirectFB
rpm -hiv DirectFB-compat-120.*.rpm

(probably because of not-perfect provides/obsoletes/whatever), but you
hopefully only will need to do this once in this FACTORY cycle.

Then I could do

zypper up

and get everything that did not get installed before (DirectFB-1.2.9,
splashy, ....) because it would have broken MPlayer.

Hope that helps someone.

Oh - and I do *not* recommend anyone to add home:seife:testing as a
regular repository ;)

Have fun,

seife

--
Stefan Seyfried

"Any ideas, John?"
"Well, surrounding them's out."

"Praktische Erfahrung ist viel Wert. Nur mal davon gehört zu haben, daß
etwas nicht funktioniert, ist eine Sache - den GNOME Dateidialog selbst
benutzt haben zu müssen, eine ganz andere." -- Steffen Winterfeldt

I don't know why I dream this way
The sky is purple and things are right every day
I don't know, it's just this world's so far away
But I won't fight, and I won't hate / Well not today

"I personally just encourage people to switch to KDE. This 'users are
idiots, and are confused by functionality' mentality of Gnome is a
disease. [...]. Please, just tell people to use KDE." --
Linus Torvalds

"[...] a 'enterprise desktop' should never be allowed to drive
development. It is, by definition, boring and same-old, same-old."
-- Linus Torvalds

"You sure you software suspend guys haven't been hanging out with the
IDE maintainers?" -- Rob Landley

Never trust a computer you can't lift.

You are storing 40 billion bits of information on a lump of metal and
glass rotating at 10,000rpm and pushing into areas of quantum theory in
order to store you data. It should be no suprise it might not be there a
month later. -- Alan Cox

"A lonely little useless module - no-one needs it, and it needs no-one
else either. How sad." -- okir

"Data security manager [...] presents new company security policy.
It reads like a help text for a tax declaration" -- draht

"I've never seen this before."
"Its a blue light."
"What does it do?"
"Turns blue."

"Mit Außerirdischen, die nicht weiter gekommen sind als Microsoft und
Apple, will ich persönlich nichts zu tun haben." -- Prof. Harald Lesch