Re: [opensuse-factory] Kernel Mode Setting (KMS) for openSUSE.
  • From: Jeff Mahoney <jeffm@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 07 Dec 2009 11:51:58 -0500

On 12/07/2009 11:46 AM, Takashi Iwai wrote:
At Sun, 06 Dec 2009 18:34:52 -0500,
Jeff Mahoney wrote:
The problem in general is that we can't tell the kernel about rules for
a module without first loading the module.

But we can know the PCI id before loading the corresponding module, at
least. So, it'd be possible to load the module only when no
blacklisted pci id is found in the modprobe install script.

Yeah, but then we're in essentially the same position as we would be if
we just blacklisted the module entirely, right?

- -Jeff

- --
Jeff Mahoney
SUSE Labs