  • From: Egbert Eich <eich@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 6 Dec 2009 18:52:46 +0100
Please note: reporting bugs is good (especially if the bug reports are
useful) but it takes people to fix those bugs. If there aren't enough
bugs won't get fixed.

We can help in some other ways, but we cant develop or maintain.

In other words, we see you as our "suppliers".

Ok - who does 'you' refer to - besides me personally?

:-)

Novell, Suse...

This is exactly the point I've been trying to make:
openSUSE won't succeed in the long run if people don't
abandon the idea that Novell is able to deliver openSUSE
to the extent it has done so in the past.
I find this notion way too often in postings on this list.
I can only repeat myself: for openSUSE to become a long
term success it needs more people involved than the ones
presently working on it.
Folks please stop asking what Novell can do for openSUSE
but start asking how you can contribute to openSUSE.

Cheers,
Egbert.

--
Egbert Eich (Res. & Dev.) SUSE LINUX Products GmbH
X Window System Development