  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 04 Dec 2009 10:54:02 +0100
Cristian Rodríguez wrote:

On 03/12/09 17:18, Per Jessen wrote:

So those are the type of users the openSUSE project needs to
attract/"recruit".

I fail to see where Egbert is saying that.

He didn't say that, it is my conclusion. I think Egbert is right about
the three categories of groups that are capable of contributing to
openSUSE, e.g. maintaining drivers and software. He is also right that
a) and b) can only do so much, so we're left with option c: "free
software enthusiasts who can code". To keep the openSUSE project
alive, surely the project needs to attract more people of category c.

That would appear to be in stark contrast to other "factions" of the
project making sure openSUSE is more palatable to Joe User, who
doesn't need e.g. sshd running on his home-PC.

It doesnt have to be in contrast, it should rather be a complement.

I agree, that would be nice. I'm not so sure that is how it works today
though.

/Per

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (0.0°C)