  • From: "Rajko M." <rmatov101@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 3 Dec 2009 19:38:02 -0600
On Thursday 03 December 2009 14:10:47 Per Jessen wrote:
Rajko M. wrote:
... but the truth is that everybody can learn C to extent that will
allow him/her to read the code,

Rajko, you need to get out more. I can assure you there is no truth in
that whatsoever. Even if any arbitrary person could get that far, it
doesn't mean he or she would be able to make any sense of the code.

Per,

I was talking about chance - not how many can and will use it.
FOSS doesn't actively prevent its users from reading the code providing that
they have programming and technical skills to understand the topic.

It is the same story as with article written in foreign language.
Not many can read it, either they don't know the language, or they are not
familiar with the topic, but those that have both skills are not prevented by
legal obstacles to read it.

--
Regards Rajko,

openSUSE Wiki Team: http://en.opensuse.org/Wiki_Team