Re: [opensuse-factory] RFC: Announcing important changes in the distribution
  • From: Larry Stotler <larrystotler@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Dec 2009 14:14:03 -0500
On Wed, Dec 2, 2009 at 1:41 PM, Bryen M Yunashko <suserocks@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
The SAX2 issue appears to be new to me.  The PPC issue I've seen brought
up even as far back as 4 months ago, and "Whoa" reappearances on the PPC
matter since then.

??? I subscribe to Factory and PPC and I never noticed anything
regarding the dropping of PPC from 11.2. I could be wrong,
but........ Granted, I don't read every thread, but if I see PPC in
the title I read it....... So, which list was that PPC discussion on?

We also need to recognize that our Community is far larger than just our
mailing list or even IRC users.  There also exists a Community on the
Forums and beyond that, I even define our Community as just users who
don't actively follow our various venues of information distribution.

I've brought this up before. I wondered how many new openSUSE users
got turned off by 11.1's KDE4 and just gave up without us knowing
about it.........

So we need to address first... HOW do we distribute relevant and
significant information to our Community in a timely and broad manner?
I do not believe that the decision-makers on any particular change are
intentionally holding back such information.  I think they're just as
bewildered as the rest of us in how to disseminate that information
properly.

And how do we get it to those who don't participate in these lists?
It's a huge challenge that i don't have a clue as to how to handle
it......