  • From: Stefan Behlert <behlert@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Dec 2009 17:24:11 +0100
Moin,

On Dec 02, 09 15:13:03 +0100, jdd wrote:
Le 02/12/2009 14:16, Stefan Seyfried a écrit :

this is not really usefull when you are stuck in front of a computer
(and you know this computer worked previous day)

It happened in the past that "sax2 -a" also did not produce a working
config.

So what is your point?

fact is now sax2 works and automatic xorg don't, and it's the working
tool that is deprecated...

I wish it would be such black and white. It's more gray...
Unfortunately sax2 also had problems, depending on the drivers, the
hardware, and maybe even the phase of the moon.
So yes, while it may be in your case the ideal solution, I have seen cases
where I manually got active to overcome problems/shortcomings of sax2.

The fact that the main developer was busy with other stuff for quite a
while did not help sax2, either.

but, again, this is just an example. I have lot of them.

Sure. I just wish that we have something that "just works" without me
having to know all technical details of an X server.
But on the other hand, I sometimes also hope for an X driver that "just
works", so ...

Stefan

--
Stefan Behlert, SUSE LINUX - a Novell business,

Maxfeldstr. 5, D-90409 Nuernberg, Germany
Phone +49-911-74053-173
SUSE LINUX Products GmbH, Nuernberg; GF: Markus Rex, HRB 16746 (AG Nuernberg)