Re: [opensuse-factory] Is there a way to update to factory from GM?
  • From: Patrick Shanahan <ptilopteri@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Dec 2009 10:03:01 -0500
* Dominique Leuenberger <Dominique.Leuenberger@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> [12-02-09 08:41]:
On 12/2/2009 at 14:13, Oddball <monkey9@xxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,

Trying to get to factory gives me this list:

first off: disable packman when using Factory. This repo is not
built/published for Factory (last I checked) and you'll always run into
some dependency issues with updates (like the gstreamer-plugins-bad
listed in your attachment) 2nd: use zypper dup (it is smarter than only
looking at version updates).

or set packman/videolan to higher priority (lower number) than the other,
factory*, repos and use zypper dup. I have been existing this way since
packman added factory/11.2 builds. I hope it lasts, but is working fine
right now. If it stops working, disabling the packman/videolan repos and
another zypper dup should fix it.