  • From: Egbert Eich <eich@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Dec 2009 12:45:59 +0100
On Tue, Dec 01, 2009 at 10:15:46PM +0000, Rob OpenSuSE wrote:
2009/12/1 Felix Miata <mrmazda@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
On 2009/12/01 21:29 (GMT+0100) jdd composed:

the solution is sax2 -a, simply, so may be a very simplifyed sax2 is
enough (may be a simple script)

Have you ever tried 'X -configure'? If it fails for you, you could file an
upstream bug, since it's built into X and shouldn't depend on Novell staff
make work.

I just deleted the SaX2 X11/xorg.conf file I made out of habit,
started up X, got default high resolution and then found the KDE
Display dialog, which worked satisfactorily. Presumably GNOME has got
an equivalent.

The thing I don't like about Desktop based utilities, is that they may
well leave other X environments out in the cold.

To some extend. But for the hard core fwvm2 users there is still
the xrandr command line tool.
You can add this your xinitrc to set up exactly the mode you like.

Cheers,
Egbert.

--
Egbert Eich (Res. & Dev.) SUSE LINUX Products GmbH
X Window System Development