  • From: jdd <jdd@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 02 Dec 2009 12:31:30 +0100
Le 02/12/2009 12:20, Egbert Eich a écrit :

As a free software developer who has devoted a lot of his spare time
on developing free software I always found the demanding attitude of
some users very inappropriate. This is no different regarding the demands
made on Novell.

I spend 3/4 hours a day for opensource, mostly through documentation
(and running a LUG)

I also was running a big association some years ago. When I decided to
stop, I warned the other members a very long time ahead (more than one
year).

if you want the advantages of opensource, you have also to be
respectfull with the others.

with zero delay, very dificult

I don't understand what you are trying to say here.

your message said "we stop for 11.2" that is it's already stopped.

Then we should take a look at the situation and see what we can do about
it. If you change a monitor on a running system you at least need to retrigger
a scan (as this is not done automatically, yet).

? I moved the computer 200 miles away, of course it was stopped and
restarted.

Of course if the new
monitor does not support the old mode you will be left without a display
- which is no different from before

sax2 -a did the job. Without sax2, what could I have done?

If you did monitor detection and it didn't work with your new monitor
we should look into where the problems are and fix them.

done

and I don't want here to focus on one specific case, I just gave
examples to show the present system don't work well (I have others)

jdd

--
http://www.dodin.net
http://valerie.dodin.org