  • From: Egbert Eich <eich@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Dec 2009 12:27:09 +0100
On Tue, Dec 01, 2009 at 03:57:48PM -0500, Patrick Shanahan wrote:

Then the "Community" must pick up the pieces. I cannot believe that
Novell will not continue to support SaX2 for SLE11, so it *should* not
dissappear toooo soon.

SLE11 is based on 11.1 where SaX2 was still the way to configure
X.Org. SaX2 is perfectly capable of configuring X on 11.1.
SaX2 is now in maintenance mode meaning the present version
will be supported for SLE11 and if necessary fixed. But no new
development or changes to accomodate changes in future versions
of X are being made.
In future openSUSE products we will ship versions of X which would
require such changes.

Cheers,
Egbert.

--
Egbert Eich (Res. & Dev.) SUSE LINUX Products GmbH
X Window System Development