  • From: Felix Miata <mrmazda@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 01 Dec 2009 19:16:10 -0500
On 2009/12/01 20:21 (GMT-0300) Cristian Rodríguez composed:

Felix Miata wrote:

My point is the near future death of
SaX2 will not leave those of us whose hardware doesn't work with xrandr with
no alternative.

If you find such hardware, open a bug report so it can get fixed..

The point of my comment was an inducement to test and report early and often
when correctible cases are encountered.

However, the problem isn't always in fixable software. Acceptable use of
displays with corrupt or missing DDC/EDID will continue to require
preconfiguration. Failure of a display to give good feedback to the display
card is not singularly sufficient reason to abandon its use.
--
" We have no government armed with power capable of
contending with human passions unbridled by morality and

Team OS/2 ** Reg. Linux User #211409

Felix Miata *** http://fm.no-ip.com/