  • From: Jeff Mahoney <jeffm@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 01 Dec 2009 17:17:14 -0500

On 12/01/2009 05:15 PM, Rob OpenSuSE wrote:
2009/12/1 Felix Miata <mrmazda@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
On 2009/12/01 21:29 (GMT+0100) jdd composed:

the solution is sax2 -a, simply, so may be a very simplifyed sax2 is
enough (may be a simple script)

Have you ever tried 'X -configure'? If it fails for you, you could file an
upstream bug, since it's built into X and shouldn't depend on Novell staff to
make work.

I just deleted the SaX2 X11/xorg.conf file I made out of habit,
started up X, got default high resolution and then found the KDE
Display dialog, which worked satisfactorily. Presumably GNOME has got
an equivalent.

The thing I don't like about Desktop based utilities, is that they may
well leave other X environments out in the cold.

Well that's the thing - both the KDE and GNOME interfaces are just
front-ends for the xrandr interface.

Check out xrandr --help.

- -Jeff

- --