  • From: jdd <jdd@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 01 Dec 2009 21:29:53 +0100
Le 01/12/2009 16:32, Egbert Eich a écrit :

Yet, the decision was driven by what Novell sees its business needs
and thus is not up for discussion.

was there any discussion in the community about this?

I think it very unfriendly for Novell to make so hudge change without
asking the rest of the community. May be some other Novell tasks could
be less important for openSUSE than SaX2...

However the fate of SaX2 is not at all up to Novell: SaX2 has
been Free Software all along and as with all Free Software it's
up to each individual to help driving it in the direction they
like to see it go - independently of corporate business needs and
interests.

with zero delay, very dificult

I just want to say that Sax2 is mandatory now. On 11.2, changing a
monitor for a worst one, with less resolution, let the user without
solution and without screen (I had this on two very different computers)

the solution is sax2 -a, simply, so may be a very simplifyed sax2 is
enough (may be a simple script)

jdd
--
http://www.dodin.net