Re: [opensuse-factory] postfix updates not running postmap
  • From: Patrick Shanahan <ptilopteri@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2009 11:33:07 -0500
* Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx> [11-30-09 07:45]:

Patrick, the list of files you sent:

/etc/postfix/relay.db
/etc/postfix/canonical.db
/etc/postfix/relocated.db
/etc/postfix/transport.db

I would think they'd either be quite specific to your installation or
just left with default values (=empty). Why are they being touched by an
upgrade at all?

11:22 wahoo:~ > rpm -ql postfix |grep /etc/postfix
/etc/postfix
/etc/postfix/LICENSE
/etc/postfix/TLS_LICENSE
/etc/postfix/access
/etc/postfix/bounce.cf.default
/etc/postfix/canonical
/etc/postfix/dynamicmaps.cf
/etc/postfix/generic
/etc/postfix/header_checks
/etc/postfix/helo_access
/etc/postfix/main.cf
/etc/postfix/main.cf.default
/etc/postfix/makedefs.out
/etc/postfix/master.cf
/etc/postfix/openssl_postfix.conf.in
/etc/postfix/postfix-files
/etc/postfix/relay
/etc/postfix/relay_ccerts
/etc/postfix/relocated
/etc/postfix/sasl_passwd
/etc/postfix/sender_canonical
/etc/postfix/transport
/etc/postfix/virtual

The "upgrade" is "zypper dup", not a patch. The entire package is being
reinstalled w/o changing altered files. The subject files not having
postmap performed against are from the "upgrade". Postfix generates
error messages when it detects a xxx.db file with an earlier date than
its matching text file. The "upgrade" does not install xxx.db files, but
has a post-install script which performs postmap against *specific* files
and those subject files are not being included in the script.

I filed a bug report, 555693, but have only received a query inferring
that SuSEconfig was supposed to perform postmap. I does *not*!

I have added comments to the bug report when subsequent postfix updates
are issued and have failed to perform postmap against *all* of the
changed files to no avail. My *last* comment: "I will not comment
further on update failures to perform postmap."

I have manually added the subject files to SuSEconfig/postmap so that I
will no longer see the problem. BUT that ain't how it is supposed to
work(tm)!

Rocket Science?