Re: [opensuse-factory] Easier distribution update via zypper
  • From: "Duncan Mac-Vicar Prett" <dmacvicar@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2009 16:15:18 +0100
On Monday 30 November 2009 13:47:51 Josef Reidinger wrote:
Hi,
When I tried distribution update via zypper I found that changing
repositories is quite annoying and should be simplified. So I create
feature
https://features.opensuse.org/308420 . It describe how to benefit from
services, which defines repositories for distribution. Thus, if you want
update distribution you just refresh service to get the latest stable
product or the latest snapshot.
If you like that idea please vote for it.
Thanks for your attention.

http://duncan.mac-vicar.com/blog/archives/351

For those that don't know about ZYpp services and what one can do with it.
Also there are some ideas described in a similar direction from what Josef
proposes.

--
Duncan Mac-Vicar P. - Engineering Manager, YaST