Re: [opensuse-factory] Bug Reports, not automagically cc-ing reporter
  • From: Jeff Mahoney <jeffm@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 16 Nov 2009 15:59:15 -0500
On 11/16/2009 03:58 PM, Eberhard Moenkeberg wrote:
Hi,

On Mon, 16 Nov 2009, Patrick Shanahan wrote:
* Eberhard Moenkeberg <emoenke@xxxxxxx> [11-16-09 15:48]:
On Mon, 16 Nov 2009, Patrick Shanahan wrote:

Why do I have to add myself to the CC list of a bug when I am the
original reporter? Seems reasonable that I was interested.

The original reporter is automatically cc'ed, but does not get his
own comments.

recent occurance:

bug 555484 (YaST2)

comment 1 by Shiuang Qui requesting log files

I never received the request by emai. ???

It has happened several times in the last 5 or 6 months that I have
noticed.

Under "Preferences" is:

Automatically add me to the CC list of bugs I change

I have it set to "Site Default" (I never touched it).

That's different. That's when you comment on a bug that you're not yet
involved with.

You should be automatically emailed on bugs for which you are the
reporter. Have you checked your spam folder? Otherwise it's a bugzilla bug.

-Jeff

--
Jeff Mahoney
SUSE Labs