Re: Mitigating Multi-boot Issue [Re: [opensuse-factory] Feature #308284: Ship openSUSE 11.2]
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 6 Nov 2009 00:27:23 +0100 (CET)

On Thursday, 2009-11-05 at 22:50 +0100, Karl Sinn wrote:

Besides this, I wonder how this grub bug can happen so late in the process. Is
everybody just doing this famous "zypper dup" all the time?

Yes, I use zypper dup. I only installed from the DVD the M6 version; and yes, I had problems with grub, which I did not report "officially", even though, if I remember correctly, it would have made my system unbootable: I'm enough of an old dog to guess I was going to have problems with grub and switched to experts settings till the config was to my liking. I think I took for granted that grub would fail on automatic and probably didn't give importance to it.

- -- Cheers,
Carlos E. R.