[opensuse-factory] WiFi performance on 11.2
  • From: Clayton <smaug42@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 1 Nov 2009 09:48:59 +0100
I'm running 11.2RC2 (installed from the KDE4 LiveCD) on an Asus Eee
1005HA, and WiFi performance is very poor. It's constantly dropping
the connection, and when it is connected, downloads come in bursts of
full connection speed, and then zero data for a while.. then another
burst of data and so on.

I can't really (at least not easily) compare 11.1 on this netbook as
the WiFi driver support isn't part of the 11.1 kernel/distro etc.
What have been comparing to on this netbook is Ubuntu 9.10... and
there WiFi performance is really good, so I assume something (else) is
wrong with the 11.2 install or config, but I'm not sure how to look
into it. A bug search on 11.2 and WiFi doesn't return much.

Is anyone else noticing this?

C.