[opensuse-factory] There is no driver for AMD K10 thermal sensors yet
  • From: Juan Erbes <jerbes@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Sep 2009 19:33:30 -0300
I tryed to configure the sensors with "sensors-detect":

# sensors-detect revision 5729 (2009-06-02 15:51:29 +0200)
# System: BIOSTAR Group TA790GX A3+

This program will help you determine which kernel modules you need
to load to use lm_sensors most effectively. It is generally safe
and recommended to accept the default answers to all questions,
unless you know what you're doing.

Some south bridges, CPUs or memory controllers contain embedded sensors.
Do you want to scan for them? This is totally safe. (YES/no): y
Silicon Integrated Systems SIS5595... No
VIA VT82C686 Integrated Sensors... No
VIA VT8231 Integrated Sensors... No
AMD K8 thermal sensors... No
AMD K10 thermal sensors... Success!
(driver `to-be-written')
Intel Core family thermal sensor... No
Intel AMB FB-DIMM thermal sensor... No
VIA C7 thermal and voltage sensors... No

Some Super I/O chips contain embedded sensors. We have to write to
standard I/O ports to probe them. This is usually safe.
Do you want to scan for Super I/O sensors? (YES/no): y
Probing for Super-I/O at 0x2e/0x2f
Trying family `National Semiconductor'... No
Trying family `SMSC'... No
Trying family `VIA/Winbond/Fintek'... No
Trying family `ITE'... Yes
Found `ITE IT8718F Super IO Sensors' Success!
(address 0xe80, driver `it87')
Probing for Super-I/O at 0x4e/0x4f
Trying family `National Semiconductor'... No
Trying family `SMSC'... No
Trying family `VIA/Winbond/Fintek'... No
Trying family `ITE'... No

Some systems (mainly servers) implement IPMI, a set of common interfaces
through which system health data may be retrieved, amongst other things.
We first try to get the information from SMBIOS. If we don't find it
there, we have to read from arbitrary I/O ports to probe for such
interfaces. This is normally safe. Do you want to scan for IPMI
interfaces? (YES/no): y
Probing for `IPMI BMC KCS' at 0xca0... No
Probing for `IPMI BMC SMIC' at 0xca8... No

Some hardware monitoring chips are accessible through the ISA I/O ports.
We have to write to arbitrary I/O ports to probe them. This is usually
safe though. Yes, you do have ISA I/O ports even if you do not have any
ISA slots! Do you want to scan the ISA I/O ports? (yes/NO): y
Probing for `National Semiconductor LM78' at 0x290... No
Probing for `National Semiconductor LM79' at 0x290... No
Probing for `Winbond W83781D' at 0x290... No
Probing for `Winbond W83782D' at 0x290... No

Lastly, we can probe the I2C/SMBus adapters for connected hardware
monitoring devices. This is the most risky part, and while it works
reasonably well on most systems, it has been reported to cause trouble
on some systems.
Do you want to probe the I2C/SMBus adapters now? (YES/no): y
Using driver `i2c-piix4' for device 0000:00:14.0: ATI Technologies Inc
SB600 SMBus
Module i2c-dev loaded successfully.

Next adapter: cx88[0] (i2c-0)
Do you want to scan it? (yes/NO/selectively): n

Now follows a summary of the probes I have just done.
Just press ENTER to continue:

Driver `it87':
* ISA bus, address 0xe80
Chip `ITE IT8718F Super IO Sensors' (confidence: 9)

Driver `to-be-written':
* Chip `AMD K10 thermal sensors' (confidence: 9)

Note: there is no driver for AMD K10 thermal sensors yet.
Check http://www.lm-sensors.org/wiki/Devices for updates.

Do you want to overwrite /etc/sysconfig/lm_sensors? (YES/no): y
Unloading i2c-dev... OK

And with surprise, I got at the end:
Note: there is no driver for AMD K10 thermal sensors yet.

--
USA LINUX OPENSUSE QUE ES SOFTWARE LIBRE, NO NECESITAS PIRATEAR NADA Y
TAMPOCO TE VAS A PREOCUPAR MAS POR LOS VIRUS Y SPYWARES: