Re: [opensuse-factory] noarch subpackages
  • From: Stephan Kulow <coolo@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Sep 2009 15:51:38 +0200
Am Dienstag 08 September 2009 schrieb Philipp Thomas:
[Sent a second time because I used an old e-mail address]

The .mo file format might not be binary compatible AFAIK.

Why not ask one of the gettext maintainers :-) Bruno, how compatible is the
.mo format?

This discussion is pretty useless - most .mo files are out of .tar.gzs anyway
and are not built by us.

On my 11.1 system I find 5470 little endian .mo files and 233 bit endian and
glibc will eat both just fine, but it's good that the majority is little
endian as big endian files will be a bit slower to parse (a very little bit),
see http://osdir.com/ml/debian-i18n/2009-01/msg00016.html

Greetings, Stephan