Re: [opensuse-factory] kradio <> MS6
  • From: Basil Chupin <blchupin@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 08 Sep 2009 13:17:46 +1000
Donn Washburn wrote:
On 09/07/2009 08:57 AM, Basil Chupin wrote:
Donn Washburn wrote:

Hey Group;

Hey Donn,

How about at least letting the rest know which version of MS6 you are
using: the 32- or the 64-bit version, and using which DE?

I have a Hauppauge (sp) ATSC TV/FM Model 401 tv card with bt878
chips. It is spotted by yast2>Hardware>TV Cards and seems to be setup
as normal. However, after I choose the card and do Expert the list
comes up and I select Radio = 1 and set it, save and exit. Kradio
can't find it.

Error:

2009-09-07T08:09:49 KRadio4 Version 4.0.0 logging started

2009-09-07T08:09:52 V4LRadio::readTunerInfo: cannot get tuner info
(error -1).

Furthermore the error message gets hung in a loop. The only way to
kill it is using "ps" and "kill" processes.

BC

32 bit version. I started with a radio card that I set up in
/etc/modules.conf and then SuSE started finding the card in Yast2 >
Hardware > TV cards. I selected the card and features via yast2. In
the passed it always worked so I let it set it up. Now it seems that
that yast2 not setting up /etc/modprobe.d - 50-tv.conf correctly from
yast2. The TV works but the radio fails

alias char-major-81 videodev
options i2c-algo-bit bit_test=1
options bttv card=10 radio=1 tuner=-1

Is the above an actual output to a file or did you make a typo in
having 'tuner=[minus]1'? Just wondering.

I don't have the card you are using but am using the German Technisat
SkyStar2 DVB card which doesn't do radio. From this point of view I
cannot help.

However, I wonder if this may provide a clue. Is your radio not working
in any way or is simply not producing sound? Reason why I ask is that I
use both xine and kaffeine to watch/record TV.

We have 5 HD channels and they all work perfectly under xine. However,
until recently (cannot say when) 3 of the HD channels lost sound (the
other 2 are OK) but all channels were previously behaving normally.

BC

--
"There are none so blind as those who will not see."