Re: [opensuse-factory] Firefox crash reports
  • From: Jakub 'Livio' Rusinek <jakub.rusinek@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 07 Sep 2009 21:32:04 +0200
On 07.09.2009 16:15, Silviu Marin-Caea wrote:
I'm reading here http://crash-stats.mozilla.com that Firefox is supposed to
report crashes.

Yet my 3.5.2 crashes like stupid (it's the most unstable Firefox in a very
long time) and doesn't seem to send any crash reports.

Maybe there is some package that needs to be installed. I couldn't figure
this out by searching for "mozilla" in the Yast software management module.

Only vanilla Mozilla products report crashes. Patched (ie. packaged) are not supposed to report anything.

Download a tarball, unpack and use. GNOME and KDE can do this. Never call "firefox" directly but eg. $HOME/Downloads/firefox/firefox or so.

--
Best regards,
Jakub 'Livio' Rusinek