Re: [opensuse-factory] noarch subpackages
  • From: Stephan Kulow <coolo@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 7 Sep 2009 11:51:14 +0200
Am Montag 07 September 2009 schrieb Andreas Jaeger:
On Monday 07 September 2009 11:35:01 Stephan Kulow wrote:
Am Freitag 04 September 2009 schrieb Pavol Rusnak:
Hi all!

As I posted on the packaging ML[1] the new RPM 4.7.1 in Factory allows
us to create a noarch subpackages. We might save significant space on
BiArch DVDs and mirrors if we mark all the *-doc, *-devel-doc,
*-branding-* and similar subpackages that are arch because of the main
package. I don't have even a rough estimate, but I can hack a script
that will check the filelists of the subpackages if they could be
marked as noarch. What do you think?

It will be a nice addition to 11.3, I'm sure.

So, you're rejecting this for 11.2? Could you give some more details about
your reasons, please? Do you fear that the Build Service cannot handle
this?

Can you give some more details about your reasons why you think it's important
not to fix bugs but change things because you can?

Greetings, Stephan