Re: [opensuse-factory] noarch subpackages
  • From: Stephan Kulow <coolo@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 7 Sep 2009 11:35:01 +0200
Am Freitag 04 September 2009 schrieb Pavol Rusnak:
Hi all!

As I posted on the packaging ML[1] the new RPM 4.7.1 in Factory allows
us to create a noarch subpackages. We might save significant space on
BiArch DVDs and mirrors if we mark all the *-doc, *-devel-doc,
*-branding-* and similar subpackages that are arch because of the main
package. I don't have even a rough estimate, but I can hack a script
that will check the filelists of the subpackages if they could be marked
as noarch. What do you think?

It will be a nice addition to 11.3, I'm sure.

Greetings, Stephan