[opensuse-factory] Packman and oS 11.2
  • From: Basil Chupin <blchupin@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 01 Sep 2009 22:30:39 +1000
Does anyone know when - and if - packman will provide the necessary
packages for 11.2 to be able to use kaffeine and xine?

I cannot live without xine nor kaffeine (for my TV [dvb]) and I cannot
fully test 11.2 without having both of these functioning. The files
necessary to make these apps. function are normally available from
packman and I am truly surprised that with oS 11.2 now at the MS6 stage
packman has yet to create the necessary repos to handle oS 11.2.

(Strangely enough, when I installed Kubuntu 9.10 the other day and tried
to run kaffeine, Kubuntu came back with a message stating that I needed
certain files before kaffeine would work, asked me if I wanted those
files installed and after I responded with an Yes the files where
automagically installed from the 'net. Nice touch that, I thought.)

BC

--
Great Man reaches complete understanding of the main issues; Petty Man reaches
complete understanding of the minute details."

Confucius