Re: [opensuse-factory] Czech Packagers Meeting minutes 2009-04-07
  • From: Stefan Bruens <stefan.bruens@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Apr 2009 13:48:14 +0200
On Tuesday 21 April 2009 10:16:46 Ludwig Nussel wrote:
Johannes Meixner wrote:
Perhaps only sane-frontends directly in openSUSE is sufficient
and xsane could be provided via a "third-party" repository?

Meanwhile I've talked to Manfred Tremmel wo maintains xsane on
Packman. He does not seem to have a particular interest in
maintaining xsane either. It's there only for historical reasons. So
the argument "it's at Packman" counts even less. Since I need xsane
personally I'd undrop it and act as maintainer. The xsane home page
mentions potential incompatibilities with newer sane versions
though. Resolving those has to happen upstream. I hope you're not
going to upgrade sane-backends until such issues are fixed.

The maintainers of sane-be seem to be aware of the problems the planned
changes will introduce (which are needed an will have to be done anyways), so
the changes are postponed for after the 1.0.20 release, as far as I can see.
This has been discussed on the sane-be mailing list.

Stefan

--
Stefan Brüns / Bergstraße 21 / 52062 Aachen
phone: +49 241 53809034 mobile: +49 151 50412019