Re: [opensuse-factory] Czech Packagers Meeting minutes 2009-04-07
  • From: Wolfgang Rosenauer <wolfgang@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 20 Apr 2009 12:17:48 +0200
Petr Uzel schrieb:
On Fri, Apr 17, 2009 at 09:32:14PM +0200, Marcus Meissner wrote:
(2) Dropped packages:
=====================

puzel told us about packages dropped from Factory. One really
interesting group of packages dropped was xsane and sane frontends. We
all agreed that these packages are really useful and should maintained
somewhere. So puzel proposed that he would maintain it in Contrib and if
he'll encounter any problems he wouldn't have time to solve, we will
help him.
You could also take over maintainer ship in Factory of those.
Johannes just has no time for them.

Well, xsane is in Packman, so IMHO we don't need to bother about it.

Probably I misunderstand but Packman is not the best option for xsane
IMHO. Just having it in Packman doesn't make it obsolete in Factory. The
first step I would like to see for dropped packages is moving them to
Contrib.

Just my two cents,
Wolfgang